Assistant Site Leaders
The Assistant Site Leaders are a crucial piece to the cultivation of team, community, and culture at SpringHill Day Camp. The Assistant Site Leader is detail oriented, has experience in spiritual leadership of peers, is professional in interactions with parents and churches, is confident in addressing customer and staff needs, as well as providing a consistent attentiveness to ensuring a quality staff, camper, and church partner experience. Each Assistant Site Leader holds additional responsibilities that require a unique skill set. Specific areas will be assigned to an assistant site leader such as volunteers, staff, and administration.
Lead counselors are responsible spiritual leaders who are passionate and skilled at meeting the needs of the people around them. Lead counselors assist in overseeing groups ages K through 5th grade and support their peers. Some responsibilities include…
- Spiritual leadership of Summer Leaders through Bible studies and service
- Facilitate large group programming for campers from stage
- Support and run the operations and set-up of camp activities
- Facilitation of setting up an assigned area of camp (ie, High Adventure, Crafts/Activities, Customer Service, Water)
- Creatively problem solve and utilize available resources
- Support Summer Leaders with individual camper behaviors and group management
- Willing to fill gaps in staffing
- •Complete other duties as assigned by the Assistant Site Leaders and Site Leader
The Site Leader provides overall leadership to a specific area of camp under the guidance of an Experience Director and in alignment with SpringHill’s Mission Statement.
She/he is responsible for all aspects of the camp experience, including: staff development, recruiting and/or retention; camper experience; parent interactions; ministry partner relationships (Day Camps); understanding and maintaining an assigned budget. The ideal candidate for a Site Leader holds (or is nearing completion of) a bachelor’s degree, has prior ministry and/or related experience, has a proven ability to lead others, has excellent interpersonal skills and is a motivated self-starter able to work unsupervised.
If you are interested in a Site Leader position, please contact Jon Ackley-Jelinek firstname.lastname@example.org directly to schedule a call.