The Facilities and Grounds Technician is responsible to ensure that buildings and grounds are well maintained, groomed and clean, delivering an outstanding experience to all SpringHill campers, parents, and guests who visit our Indiana location. In addition, the Facilities and Grounds Technician will assist with inspection, maintenance, and repair of buildings, structures, and vehicles ensuring compliance with safety and predictive/productive maintenance regulations.
Key Job Functions
- Oversee in the maintenance of all facilities on the property including cabins, office buildings, houses, outbuildings, meeting rooms, dining hall, etc.
- Oversee the Facilities Department in monitoring, prioritizing and tracking incoming repair and preventative work orders.
- Perform basic inspections, maintenance and repair tasks as assigned and to ensure buildings, vehicles and equipment operate safely, efficiently and as designed.
- Responsible to oversee camp housekeeping functions including inventory, ordering, budgeting, training and scheduling.
- Oversee, lead and manage groups of seasonal staff, volunteers and hourly facilities staff.
- Assist with carpentry, painting and other construction trades as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements
- Commitment to the mission and ministry philosophy of SpringHill
- Ability to exercise judgment and make good decisions.
- Associates Degree or equivalent trade experience preferred.
- Two years of experience in Camp Ministry, Facility Maintenance, Landscape Maintenance or Property Maintenance preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the organizations auto insurance policy.
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing or carpentry experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to use hand and power tools safely and efficiently.
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work unsupervised for extended periods.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift, bend, and twist
- Ability to push and pull loads
- Must be able to lift frequently up to 35 lbs.; occasionally 35-100 lbs. with assistance
- Good hand-eye coordination