SpringHill Family Camp Health and Safety In order to keep our guests healthy and safe while on property, we have implemented new protocol. At SpringHill our top priority will always be the wellness of our guests, and we are committed to following all state guidelines and will continue to look to the CDC and American Camping Association for new health protocols in light of COVID-19. Pre-arrival procedures and communication
Guests must be fever-free for 14 days prior to arrival. If within the 14-day temperature check period a fever is higher than 100.4 degrees, we ask that guests do not arrive on scheduled arrival day unless they have tested negative for COVID-19 and can provide those test results upon arrival. Transportation - If possible, plan to ride with people you will be housed with
Large group gatherings will be kept to a minimum or not held at all
- We will communicate what guests should expect upon arrival including a health screening and check-in procedure
- Social distancing will be required
- We ask that guests begin taking their temperature 14 days prior to arriving on proprty. Those results should be logged either on paper or in a phone and brought to camp.
- We also ask that guests limit travel and being in large groups over 50 for two weeks prior to arrival. This is highly recommended.
- Masks will be required indoors and when social distancing is not possble. Masks do not need to be worn when eating in the dining hall or sleeping in cabins.
- We strongly recommend that people from different families do not share housing
- Any large group gatherings will be spread into bigger spaces
- We will use outdoor ampitheaters and spaces when possible
- Due to restrictions, there will be no band or speaker at family camp
- Meal packages must be purchased one week in advance. Individual meals will not be available for purchase
- Disposable cups, plates, and serving utensils will be used
- Food will be pre-plated
- Dining hall will be divided into two sections
- There will be one-way entry and exit with signage to guide you
- There will be no salad bar, but there will be pre-packaged salads
- Drink stations will be modified and staff will be ready to assist you
Quarantine and response
- Staff and guests will use hand-sanitizer before and after participating in activities. Hand sanitizers will be placed at each activity area
- Social distancing (staying 6 feet apart from each other) will be performed throughout each session
- All activities will be sanitized between groups
- Staff will be required to wear masks while operating activities, and we strongly recommend that guests do the same
- In order to allow for social distancing and sanitation, some activities will require sign-up
- Due to Michigan state regulations, we cannot run waterslides/gushers
- Guests and staff with potential positivce cases will be removed from the group
- A potential case is anyone with a cough, fever, or displays other COVID-19 symptoms
- Potential cases will be sent home or evaluated by our medical professionals
- We reserve the right to send any group home if anyone exhibits COVID-19 symptoms. If possible, guests can be sent to get a rapid COVID-19 test.
If you have any questions about our health and safety protocol for family camp, please call our office at 231.734.2616.
- All cabins will be vacant for 5 days prior to your arrival
- Bunk bends will be 6 feet apart, and we recommend you sleep head to toe
- Kitchen staff will be required to use PPE in addition to frequent handwashing and sanitizing
- Kitchen staff will have a temperature scan prior to entering the dining hall each day
- Dining hall tables, chairs, counters, and doorknobs will be disinfected between meal times
- Doors will be locked between mealtimes to allow for deep cleaning
- Public restrooms and common areas will be disinfected multiple times each day